Monday, May 19, 2014

Dresser Set Makeover

Found this dresser and chest of drawers in someone's trash. Nothing was broken (which is always a relief) but the drawers were covered in dog fur, the outside of the furniture was dirty and splattered with who knows what... 
BEFORE:
I love the curves these pieces have.
 The chest of drawers had a missing knob. I save knobs from other projects so I was able to find two matching knobs to use on the top drawer.
After some cleaning and vacuuming they were ready to paint. I've been using this turquoise color A LOT but it's because it sells! It's such a hot color right now. I'm dying to paint something pink, but I'm afraid it won't be as unisex or as popular as turquoise. 
I spray painted the handles white.

I sold the set for $250 on Craigslist. I put about 3-4 hours of work into the pieces (which would have been spent sitting on the couch had I not had the furniture to work on). Money in my pocket!


No comments:

Post a Comment