Thursday, September 4, 2014

Bedroom Set Undertaking

A friend of mine asked me to redo a dresser and bedside table. She wanted it white antique looking with a walnut stained top. When I took on this project I didn't realize how large the dresser is. This thing was a BEAST!

I had to sand down the tops of the furniture which was a huge task. 
After many many hours of work the furniture was painted:

I watched a tutorial on YouTube on how to use wood stain to antique painted furniture. You can find that video here
It's a very messy and smelly process. My wonderful husband did this step for me since I'm pregnant and can't be around the strong fumes of wood stain. 
After distressing furniture you wipe wood stain across small sections of the furniture, let it sit for about 30 seconds and wipe it off with paper towels. It's a very neat technique. I will definitely do it again. 

The knobs came from Hobby Lobby. Wait until their knobs and handles are half off which is basically every other week. 









No comments:

Post a Comment