Wednesday, October 9, 2013

From TV to Dog Bed

A friend of mine challenged me to make a dog bed out of an old tv. Our inspiration for this project was this:

I got on Craigslist and right away found this tv for $5!!!! Can't beat that!!!


My husband pulled the "guts" out of the tv. We were afraid this would be a challenge because I read other blogs where people said getting the television out was a nightmare. My husband said the tv came out pretty easy. 

There were a few additions we had to make on this piece: it needed a new back and trim around the opening. When we took the tv out, a lot was attached to it. 


After many hours of painting and frustration here is the finished project:



I love that my friend sent me a picture of his dog in the bed:


 Before and After:






No comments:

Post a Comment